Type 4 - BritishRail-Locomotives
50007 departs Bristol Temple Meads with a West Country service.  5-3-78<br />
The loco was delivered to BR on March 12 1868 based in the Crewe area before being transferred to Laira in May 1974. It was named 'Hercules' during April 1978, but in February 1984, the loco is renamed 'Sir Edward Elgar' and painted into a green livery. Eventually withdrawn on 15 July 1991 after suffering generator and traction motor flashovers but reinstated to traffic in March 1992 using most of the kit from 50046. Finally withdrawn and offered for sale in March 1994

Galleries

Powered by SmugMug Log In