Turbine - BritishRail-Locomotives
18000 at Didcot. A gas turbine loco, ordered by the GWR in 1946, delivered in 1950 and withdrawnby BR in 1960. Expensive to run and reported as unreliable, the loco was sent back to the manufacturer, Brown Boveri for rail to wheel interaction tests. Finally withdrawn in 1975 before returning to the UK for final preservation in the early 1990's.  Didcot on 25-9-16

Galleries

Powered by SmugMug Log In